Looking for some holiday packaging ideas? Here is one using the new Stars Treat bags from the Holiday mini catalog. It has pretty die cut stars on one side of the bag and s0lid white on the other side. The treat bag is 3 1/2 x 5 1/4 x 2 3/8 (width)" and comes in a pack of 10. It can fit all kinds of treats--I decided on 3 hot chocolate packets for this project to coordinate with the Yeti's drink.
The cute Yeti, mug of hot chocolate, and present is from the Yeti to Party Stamp set. I cut out the images using the coordinating Yeti dies; however, they were only available during the Perfect Partners special in September, so if you didn't have a chance to get them, you can cut them out using snips. I used Stampin' blends for coloring. To tuck the present into his arm, I used an exacto knife to cut a slit along the top of his arm, then slid in the present and used a mini dimensional under the ribbon. For the sentiment, I used the cloud punch.
So that it was easy to carry, I added a handle, which was made from a 1 1/4 x 8 1/2" wide strip of Basic White thick cardstock. I punched the stars out of the handle using our retired confetti stars punch so that it matched. Then I attached the handle using liquid glue (or mini glue dots or tear and tape could be used).
Here is the recipe:
- Stamp Set: Yeti to Party
- Yeti Dies (only available in September)
- Basic White thick cardstock 1 1/4 x 8 1/2"
- Basic White cardstock for cloud, Yeti, mug and present
- Real Red cardstock 3 1/4 x 4 1/4"
- Celebrate Everything Designer Series Paper (host product from the holiday mini catalog) 3 x 4"
- Stars Treat Bag
- Ink Pad: Tuxedo Black Memento Ink
- Stampin’ Blends: Pool Party, Real Red, Granny Apple Green, Flirty Flamingo
- Cloud punch
- Confetti Stars punch (retired)
- Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
- 3 packets of hot chocolate
Below are the supplies used for this project. If you'd like to order any of the products, click on the pictured item to jump immediately to my website and shop or from the top menu, click on SHOP NOW.